Thursday 8 August 2013

Blonde (to be blonde)...

Over the years I have tried high lights (and at the start I looked like someone had smashed an yoke or two on my head). Then I learned about 'dip dye' or 'ombré' (things on the hair front looked up) but going lighter is addictive (for me!). Which resulted in snapping, yellow hair - my own fault I know how dark my hair is and yet I push - let's try!!! (I want to be a blonde - one of those French 20 something's that touches up their high lights with bleach on a toothbrush...).

So having successfully had 'ombré' hair I was getting a touch bored and seeing a recent photo thought I need some serious hair thought. So armed with a multitude of torn images (of said 20 something's from French Elle) I approached my hair colourist (via Instagram - hey! its all about social media - no...) with the comment I have an hour with you so can we achieve this...

Skip to 3 days later and my hair is significantly lighter and by the time I go back at the start of November (per 40 - just!!!!) my hair dare I say it will be a honey shade of blonde....

Which is why, knowing the damage that lightening your hair can do - I bought the above from trusty Amazon... (I did do some research first) and it works!

I think I might actually be hitting the big 40 happy with my potentially long blonde hair...